Rollin' Up A Stake And Goin' To Vegas

I watched Rounders again a few days ago. The poker isn't quite state of the art, but it's still the best movie ever made on the subject. It goes to show how much you can do with a good script and a great cast.

I find myself in much the same spot as Mike McD - a pocket crammed with cash and a plane ticket from New York to Vegas. This will be the first main event I've played at the World Series of Poker. I'm looking forward to the madness, but I'm much more excited about my first book, Way of the Poker Warrior, and my new website. Details to come.

In fact, there's a possibility that I'll play my first hand at the Main Event on the same day that my book is released, and one day after meeting Hunter, Dusty, perhaps our bracelet winning coach Ian, and who knows how many other awesome coaches and players. Considering that two years ago I was grinding it out at $3/6, it feels like the big time.

I'll be making regular updates on Facebook and Twitter (GiantBuddhaPoke - yeah, funny, huh?). If anyone's in Vegas, shoot me a PM, or stop by and say hi if you see me. When I'm not at the WSOP, I'll be at the 2p2 parties, playing some crazy mixed games, and at the Bellagio, camping out at the mid-high Limit Holdem tables.

No comments:

Post a Comment