In reviewing this first month in Germany, things have been a mix of awesome, good, and moderately frustrating. I've written and/or revised about sixteen-thousand words in the past few days, so I'll just fire out some bullet points. The awesome:
- Thanks to friends and strangers alike, my Kickstarter was a complete success.
- Zen Madman's Flash Fiction Folio is complete. The design is mostly done, too. Just a few adjustments here and there, and we're ready to go to print.
- I've gotten to know a new country, home to delicious caramel soy pudding and "Happy end" toilettenpapier.
- Reached my goal of weighing 80kg, despite my new Nirwana Noir addiction.
- I started playing Heads Up Limit Holdem again. Man is this game fun!
- Got set up on a few Euro poker sites.
- Published the Poker Player Bill of Rights.
- Made some decent cash playing HULHE.
- Kept up with my blog for the first couple weeks.
- Learned enough German to avoid the soup with Schweinefleisch in it.
The moderately frustrating:
- Failed to reopen my PokerStars account. This was a mix of logistics and distraction on my part.
- Importing a Word document into Indesign resulted in some data loss, slowing the process.
- Still feel like an ignorant American who can only speak one language.
To review, I'm happy with the month, but I'm already working hard for a better February.